Friday, June 30, 2023

The Second Half of 2023 Is about to get under way.

Finally, the first day of July will be below 100°F. More importantly, the dew point will be a bit lower as well and we can get back out from under the AC and do some shooting. While inside (I've been out only twice in the past ten days) I have been covering security issues, checking the archives for theft and working on designing curio items for our stores on Zazzle. June will close out a very good month of sales. 

While it will be nice to be out again, there is a doctor's appointment to attend to. But, it is one that is a must so all things considered, it's not that bad going into. It's the answers I get coming out of it that sometimes give me a bit of pause.

Also in the heat downtime, I took the Union Pacific Test identifying the types of railcars. Aced It!! When I was off from college between my freshman and sophmore year, I spend one full day unloading a boxcar filled in brown paper wrapped boxes of  jell-o. If my memory serves me well, I think there were 96 boxes to a wrapped bundle. The problem: the car was stacked from floor to ceiling front to back. Unbelievable numbers of jello-boxes. To this day, I have a box of jello-o in my pantry just to remind me how small those little boxes are and every time I see a box car on the rail, I think about that box of jell-o and will not eat jell-o to this day. When I went home at night I smelled like strawberry for a week  and that was after shower after shower. I will not even go down the jell-o isle in any grocery store. None!

 









No comments:

The Porch Thermometer Hits 100°F Yesterday for the first time this season.

In some mitigation of that headline is that for about 30 minutes the angle of the sun hits the porch at the hottest point of the day. Still,...