Saturday, March 11, 2023

The Third and Final State of the IH635 Upgrades

 The ungrades to IH-635 is well underway. First came the High 5 at the center of the work. Next, came the western run from IH-35E to the High 5 and finally, now, the eastern upgrades are digging and plowing and a whole lots more from the end of the High 5 eastward to IH-20 . Needless-to-say, if you drive Dallas, this section has been a nightmare of delays and accidents and frustration for years. Since I don't drive anymore, I watch from the buses and trains and the pedestrian bridge that crosses at the Blue Line Station at Skillman and LBJ. As the kinks of Skillman are finally undone and a new bridge will lay straight across IH-635, I remember years ago driving that section and getting lost and wondering how I ended up where I did on unfamiliar territory. Of course, now, I kind of hate to see that rope knot laid out straight. Change happens!








No comments:

The Porch Thermometer Hits 100°F Yesterday for the first time this season.

In some mitigation of that headline is that for about 30 minutes the angle of the sun hits the porch at the hottest point of the day. Still,...