Wednesday, October 26, 2022

25th In Absentia

 Happy Birthday KP. How well I recall the day of your birth. Your 27 years were pure joy watching you grow up as you shared your birthdays later with your sister and brother. I miss you so much, KP. No father could ask for a better son. Your brother and sister miss you equally and you all were the second trinity of this family.

 I googled the Maple tree that I planted behind the garage the spring after your birth. It is nearly 60 feet tall and still growing. You were five months old when I moved it from the back wall of the garage and garden further out into the back yard. I did so that it had plenty of room to grow; staking it so that I didn't hit it when I mowed the lawn. That seed that fell against the garage was from God. It is blessed by God Himself. It will always be your tree. Our neighbor, Linda, sent me two beautiful leaves from the tree before she moved. I have them pressed and look at them from time-to-time feeling your presence nearby as I do.

Rest in Peace.

Love, Dad.

This is a Texas Tree but it is that Maple that I miss because it was your tree.



No comments:

Just a Kid when the Northern Lights were seen by me. This week, I missed the first night and last night it was cloudy.

Thank goodness I can say that I have at least seen the most fab light show in nature.  Today will be 100 % rain. It's another indoor day...