Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Downtown is Changing by the day. And The Trolley Stop Cafe is part of that change.

 Well, despite the threat of triple digit heat ( like a thunderstorm, that threat is now here)  it was up and out the door with only a sausage patty and English muffin to fuel my trip down town. By nine-thirty, it was revisiting Thanksgiving Square. My, how that place has changed. 

The gardens are beautiful, the fountains were clean, the lightening that hit the trio of bells that were cast in the same foundry where the Liberty Bell was cast, has long been a known fact but I had never paid as much to detail until today. The electrician was working on the mechanisms and hopefully, they will soon sound again. I love the echos of big bells bounding off the buildings. There is just something about hearing them that sends chills up my spine and I have heard some amazing bells toll in a few places in this old word. About a month ago I was outside Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Gaudalupe not many blocks from where I visited these bells when they went into an amazing peeling that lasted nearly 25-minutes. I have a whole 2-seconds on my phone before I shut down the phone to save power. But I still listen to it from time to time to remind me I need to record the entire peel from start to finish. Somehow, the amount of time in the day seems to grow more shore each day. 

Then, while walking toward the old Post Office and US Court House for a history lesson cut in stone, I was waiting at the light on Federal Street when I spotted this cafe that I had never seen there before. It looked interesting and I was ready for my first cup of coffee since I had missed it to get out the door by 7:30 this morning. The light changed and I crossed the street and stopped outside to door where I could read a menu posted. Walking through the door, I missed a step that was clearly marked, " Watch your Step". A lady, came from around the corner.  "I just dropped in", I said to her. Immediately she ask if I was Okay. Which, I was and walked behind her to the counter to order. 

The breakfast platter was delivered to my table in great time and long story short, the toast was super (yes, there is a quality were super falls on toast. The eggs were over light just like I like them, the hash browns where supper hot---again, just like I like them and the sausage patty was quality and cooked very well. When it came time to order a drink, I passed on coffee. To hot outside. A prime dehydrator not needed for the rest of my trip. So, like I have done in the past when I visited Toluca, Mexico I also ordered a Coke. So with the bells and architecture I had photographed this morning, I felt like I had been traveling again and therefore, that's my story on the coffee vs. the Coke with breakfast and historically, that's my excuse for a coke for late morning breakfast and I'm sticking to it! 

Now, a picture is work a thousand words and this picture is worth every bit of that and probably more because the food was super, the service was outstanding and I will make an effort to return to this place again and here is a few pictures as proof that the Trolley Stop Cafe has a real live M Line that passes their door.

                                           Taken from my table point of view

                          Outside the canvas awning tells it all at St. Paul and Federal



Where at Federal Street

                        The line up of Postal Delivery Trucks in on Federal to the right.



No comments:

Just a Kid when the Northern Lights were seen by me. This week, I missed the first night and last night it was cloudy.

Thank goodness I can say that I have at least seen the most fab light show in nature.  Today will be 100 % rain. It's another indoor day...