Sunday, January 30, 2022

A New Skate Board Park in Garland Takes Shape.

 Los Angles is known for its fab skateboard parks. One even has an HD live camera. The park is full all the time. For that, I started designing skate boards. If you think that all skate boards are ridden, you would be  off course. There are nearly as many skate boards that sit on shelves, hang on walls and some find their home on the dinning room table as a centerpiece.YEP, you heard that right. Right at this moment I have about 80 abstract designs available. That will change again today as I add even more. All the designs are abstracts from my photography. 

Yesterday, with it being in the upper 60s and  plenty of blue sky, I sat out to go see the long awaited project to build a California style skate park in Garland. It's in a city park, ball field, tennis center and plenty of picnic area and the skateboard construction area is not a small area. The city has the area blocked off and even have it posted with no trespassing signs.  I think  it is more of a cover your *** from any claims  of accidents while the park is being built. The contractors know full well what a construction area has in hazards, even deathly types. The City is  trying to keep you from using it before title transfers from the construction company to the city is official and insurance coverage policies are determined. In Texas, you don't want to be in a posted area without signed permission, which I did not have. But, I sure could shoot through the fence. Been there, done that and have the technique down to a science. While a couple of kids and an adult were using it, my shots are at a distance to protect them too, while letting others see what is possible from a city that cares about their residents and their recreation needs. I will be back for some more detailed shots. Of what I could see, it's going to be a place that is going to be packed with boarders of all levels. Way to go Garland. With all the negative tones set with the decision to do this for your citizens, you voted for a vision of "for the good" of your residents. Back in downtown, I stopped at Rosalindcoffeetx.com for a great piece of ham quiche and cold beverage.

 






No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...