Friday, June 18, 2021

Do As I Say, Not As I Do, says E.R.C.O.T. the state house , the governors mansion

with no response to the Dallas reporter that called those that issued to conserve energy warning until today at 6  or 6:30. It ended at 7:00 o'clock. The reporter called each of those noted in the title and ask them at what temperature they had their thermostats set. Not one replied. The news report also showed those that are not only angry, they said they want the governor to stop their pay like he is doing for the legislative body that walked out of the last day of the legislative session so they didn't have to pass a bill that they didn't want. The closing conclusion is that The Public Utility has no one to answer to at all. There really isn't any public in public utilities. They set their own rules. So the overhaul by the Legislature this session did little or nothing. A list of those voting no for the Juneteenth Holiday in Washington was made public today. Two were from Texas. I think it is time to start pushing the sales of my t-shirt that said, "my hobby is watching congress.There are little eye balls on top of the "M,H.I.& C". Now, it seems also that I need to be working on one for this beautiful state and former Republic. It's sad, actually. To rephrase Gov. Abbott from his speech a couple of weeks ago,"Pretty Goofie". Everyone knows the Gov is grandstanding for his re-election. It's so obvious even NBC's Chuck Todd noticed.

 
I was on  Twitter this afternoon for a hot second  and Texas Monthly magazine ask what is you thermostat set on. Because it is, I said, 78°. Some troll said, I got 3 already that have lied about their thermostat settings.

I'm so tired of trolls. I just closed out and went on the TXU to see what my bill paid last month was. $77.00.
And that's no lie. I got up this morning, turned off the ceiling fan and went to my desk waiting for coffee and turned on my energy safer floor fan. My AC has been on  a total of 1 time all day. By the way, my thermostat is set at 78° in summer and 62° in winter. It has been for over a decade.

My energy dashboard as of 11:45 PM yesterday said that I had used $57 of the forecast $74-$77 for the billing period ending on 24 June. 

I'd rather be making items from my photography than trying to make a point to a troll  that doesn't matter anyway. 



No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...