Friday, April 2, 2021

Returning on the road to recovery

 Today, the first outing since the last hospital stay, I walked three miles. It felt good. I had no pain. While I don't want to overdo it in any way, still, three miles on the first outing is much closer to my old 7-10 miles a day where I had been. While out, with only my phone camera, I got a great shot of tree pollen in full bloom. Tomorrow, I might head back to where I took the shoot of the bloom with the big camera. Had I had the big camera with me today, I had the opportunity to capture a great shot of a couple of Blue Jays. At one time, I could only shoot Blue Jays at a cemetery. They had a thicket along a creek bank and there were dozens of them. Interesting bird, really. 

The only thing that I haven't figured out just yet is how I can get to the National Cemetery. Sunday mornings were a great time to chance some real life Road Runners on the  chase of lizards. Plus, early mornings on a hill side overlooking all the white crosses is one of the most tranquil places that I can recall. The only other time that I have felt that Tranquility was on one foggy morning and a like hillside in Vicksburg, Mississippi. Driving through the cemetery and battlefield, while eerie as could be, it was a sense of time travel back into the days of the Civil War without all the bloodshed. I will never forget that experience. Later on, my son, shared his thoughts with me about how it had moved him emotionally, as we drove through the battlefield that foggy morning. It would not have been the same without the fog and that eerie feeling it had  given off.

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...