Tuesday, March 26, 2019

There is a Tree in the Parking Lot of the Big Thicket Cottage.


Had a bit of dental surgery yesterday. Couldn't get the bleeding stopped until late in the evening. By this morning, some degree of normalcy was on the horizon. I was slow getting out of the house on purpose. The coffee pot was holding me in the house. No coffee yesterday. Coffee is my thing. Plus, I didn't know how the surgery was going to react, although the dentist said that I could have coffee this morning. But, I did drink it much slower than normal and I haven't pushed it beyond that today. Tomorrow should be a back to normal type day.

The dentist did call me about 11 am this morning. She wanted to see how I was doing as she had never seen a situation that was presented her yesterday.Even the X-rays didn't tell the full picture until she go in there. The good news no pain during the procedure and no pain after words after the numbing began to retreat and my face returned to its normal shape.

Meanwhile, I didn't venture far from home. But was still able to find some interesting things to shoot. Ironically, after my cover image of the hawk and the snake , one of the local stations  ran an almost identical image of a snake and hawk that some though was dead, but the snake was larger and the hawk was being squeezed by the snake in a death grip. The good news is---they both were alive and went their separate ways after words. I did see a big snake on a log on Sunday sunning with a hand full of turtles as log mates. So, the snakes are once again crawling in North Texas for another season. Watch the grasses and please don't wear flip flops in the grass, even if it looks like it is just a little long ruff. Snake bites are upon us again. Be Aware.
Mockingbird with nest material in mouth. He would enter the nest and leave the nest  in a protective mode. From here, he would drop down onto a branch then dart into the vine covered underbrush at the base of the tree. On leaving, he could come out  even lower and fly under the wharf. He had the caution routine down pretty well.
The plaque on the tree was the eye catcher today. From time to time I check out the items on the tree that people have left. The plaque was pretty neat.


The tree with the plaque is to the right in about the middle of the roadway. Here, the cottage at the Big Thicket is surrounded with red bud trees and they are all in bloom. Quite a site.

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...