Tuesday, October 31, 2017

With Halloween Here, The Race of Holidays to New Years Is On.

Found on a pedestrian walkway across a bridge crossing the Trinity River.

The right hand piece missing in this picture is 50 feet downstream. I would think that the timber flowing downstream during a flash flood broke it off and carried it down stream. You know, concrete can float! From the looks of the timber here, it might even have been these two pieces that broke it away.

See the RV? The guy was from Seville, Spain. His wife and daughter were asleep while he talked and ask questions about the bridges. They are touring the states. Pleasant type of  guy. He spoke very good English, too. 

 As a kid, I always enjoyed Halloween. As I got older then I realized that it was also mom and dad's wedding anniversary, too. Today, the day is marked more toward the latter than for Halloween. For me, as well, it involves more detail to changing the code in the camera for a new month  and to research the past month for total images shot. Although, October is not going to be my best month for shooting by any measure this year.

Working on the site took more time than I had anticipated this time. I have had three doctor's appointments and a visit to see my favorite vampire at the lab. The up side of all that is that my numbers were excellent and my doctor was somewhat disappointed again and he hates not being able to yell at me. I said to him that, "its going to be okay. Maybe you can yell at me the next time." His look was so stern before he cracked up, finally.

I remember an old pharmacist that I worked for in high school that would say, " if I didn't like you so much, I could learn to hate you." I ran across a street the other day that was the same as his full name. That kind of blew me away because his drug stores were 1200 miles from here. I'll have to do some research on that and find out how the developer came by that name for a street. It's possible it could be one of his grand kids or even great grand kids, I suppose. Strange things like that have always been a source of  intrigue  for me.

October has also been a month of things breaking and falling apart. Over the years, I have learned that things like that usually go in cycles and as mom would always say..."it will pass". And she was right. There is an up side to that kind of stuff too. Since Kroger killed off the senior citizens 10% discount, I don't shop Kroger's any longer. Since then I've had one full cycle of core grocery shopping. The results were even more amazing with finding better prices elsewhere. Tonight, I found even more and when I do the core shopping for this coming month, I will be able to do an analysis where I can build a routine upon.

I got a letter from Walgreen's that my insurance for prescriptions were pulling out and with the annual registration of health providers, I'll need to get on that the first of next week and get that set for the coming year. If it isn't one thing, it's another. But, it all works out in the long run.


No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...