Sunday, June 4, 2017

New Red-Tail Hawks: This Years Fledglings

As previously stated, it was not my intention to turn this blog into a bird blog. However, it seems that a lot of focus has been on the darn birds. My eye does pick them up much more quickly now and that could be the reason. However, this morning, I had gone to McDonald's for carry out coffee rather early for me and as I was heading out the back way, it was almost instant that I spotted a young red-tail on a soccer field. I stopped, backed up and parked in front of  the gate, which blocked my view. Quietly, I got out of the car and stepped up to the gate where I could get my lens between the wrought iron  bars and started shooting. Almost instantly, another one flew by me and up into a tree.

The one in the tree began calling and I thought that it was to the one on the field, but then, mom comes sailing by. So, in short order, I had three red-tails that I am watching. Some pretty interesting stuff was developing and I  moved to another spot for a better shot. The one on the soccer field took flight to the roof of a shed. Now, from there, I can see both. Shot a few stills and then turn to the other and do the same. Mom, as it turned out, was at the senior assisted living facility at the end of the field up on the roof where there is a widow's railing.

Fledgling Red-Tail Hawk. Pretty white stockings.

The one at the very top is #2 fledgling. #1 that was on the field flies to the roof of a shed, then flies to where #2 was sitting. #1 is the lower one. There is not much to hold on to.

A better view of both fledglings. Mom is over on the roof railing of a senior citizens assisted living complex.


No comments:

April Steps Fell, Weather brought shut-in days. Happy May Day, Too!

Springtime in Texas is mixing up the cold air with the warm moist Gulf air inflow, but it was still, a pretty good month weather, health and...