Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Thank You To Those That Ride As Patriot Guards

It was my maternal grandmother who taught me many,many years ago to never judge a book by it's cover. At first, my thinking was that she meant a book cover literally. Over a couple more decades, she expanded on that definition. The bottom line is that I got the full meaning literally and figuratively and have always remembered the basics and fundamental principals behind those lessons.

Today, I had an opportunity to shoot some really amazing images at another funeral for the first fallen police officer in North Texas in 2017. As it evolved with hours of waiting with mounted units, color guard units and the like, two hours later, I spot the procession coming  down the street at a distance. As I am moving toward my car to re position off cemetery property, an operations manager whistled me down and made a point that they had photographers and the  family had requested no pictures. While he was making his point, I made mine that I would never shot pictures at a funeral that had been listed as private. My intent was to stop shooting just as soon as the family entered the grounds.
There were other issues apparent and were not worth factoring in here. In as much as I am a background shooter and like the back story generally.

As it turned out, images that were to honor the fallen officer would also have honored previous policemen and firemen with another massive display of motorcycles. But the moment had been lost forever and that's alright.
A distinguished Arson Investigator from Richland Hills.

In lost moments, there is always that cloud with the silver lining. As it turned out, the book I learned never to judge is one of the most experienced Arson Investigators and he rides as a Patriot Guard. Thank You!! Thank You for allowing me to capture a moment in time that balances out and smooths out the chafe of life's wheat.

No comments:

April Steps Fell, Weather brought shut-in days. Happy May Day, Too!

Springtime in Texas is mixing up the cold air with the warm moist Gulf air inflow, but it was still, a pretty good month weather, health and...