Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm 35 cents East and 50 cents West

Humor is one of life's equalizers. It equalizes good. It equalizes bad. It smooths out the bumps in life. It comes from many places as the late night shows hosts will be the first to tell you. Look what Toronto Mayor, Rob Ford has done for Jimmy Kimmel. Listen to the guys that play the Comedy Central Circuit. They get their material from every day life.

It seems to me that when one laughs at yourself there is more good that comes from that than we know at the time. When the morning routine of checking email, balancing the checkbook and checking  on the website over morning coffee usually, I take the dawg out for a walk. For those of you that don't know, The Dawg is my cat.  Today, it was overcast and growing darker as a dry line and cold front lingered north and west of here. Knowing full well that I had better get to the grocery store and run my errands before the afternoon, I headed out into a pouring down rain.
New Express and Toll Lane Signs that change in amount as the traffic becomes heavier.

After getting an error corrected at one of the stores that I had shopped earlier in the week, I was coming down LBJ at Preston when I realized that I had a coupon for a free donut when you purchased a medium coffee at Dunkin Donuts. So, I drove the extra three blocks, got a donut and coffee and returned back to LBJ.  It came to me as I passed the new EXPRESS Lane sign with the toll rates for East bound and West bound traffic. The next time someone ask me how I'm doing, I'm gonna say " I'm 35-cents East and 50-cents West. Thanks so much for asking!".

 

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...