Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Update on Some Previous Post

This has been an unusual winter storm. One, it fell below freezing for 72 hours. Two, when it did start to thaw, the nights were in the 20s so what melted re coated the roadways and sidewalks. It's been a roller-coaster of a storm from start to finish. At least, the sun was out today and it was above freezing again. Still, it is nothing like a winter storm in the Great Lakes. And, of course, their out breaks of tornadoes in the spring isn't anything like ours. When it comes to weather, I like it all! Hot, cold, stormy, icy, snowy, high winds. I'll stop there because I don't like the dust storms that hit the desert southwest. That's a bit much.

Today, I had a couple of errands to run so while I was out, I ate lunch and then took a walk before heading back to the comfort of a warm house. When I came in, I couldn't find the cat. When I can't find her, I always get a bit anxious. I always check her favorite hide outs. And, she is a creative cat, still, she surprises me with a new one now and then. Today, I saw the comforter at the foot of the bed move, All I could see was her rear end. She had gone head in into the folds of the comforter. When she heard me, she did a turn around and came out kinda surprised but then went into the mode of " What's up with you?" as she does a big stretch on bed followed with a bigger yawn. Cats keep you humble.

The bee hive that I found a couple of months ago along a trail must have been frozen out, or the parks and recreation guys moved it because of the danger of it so close to the trail. There was no sign of the hive today.

Garland had to cancel their Christmas on the Square. The Children's Hospital Christmas Parade in downtown Dallas, that is syndicated to many markets during the month of December, was also cancelled and will not be re-scheduled this season. Balloon handlers are booked else where as are many other parts of the parade units.

Ice on a Foot Bridge
December this year has just not been it's normal self. Things do change and we all must adapt to that, but I must admit that sometimes, it is more difficult to adapt than at other times. That's Life as old blue eyes would sing. Music seems to help with adapting, though.
Ice on wild berries

No comments:

Hesperaloe parviflora (Red Yucca)

 The afternoon was spent experimenting with a new-found setting on the big lens of the camera and a parking lot that is packed with flower b...