Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Squirrel for Lunch

An amazing 40 minutes watching the hawk eat. I was photographing the Robinson-Ransbottom pottery piece and I heard this screeching call. I found this very large hawk in the tree. As I got a bit closer, the hawk launched into a long silent glide across a soccer field to a small grove  of trees. Between the trees and the street, there was the hawk on the ground with a fresh kill at about 30 yards. Patiently, and about 40 minutes later, the hawk let me get within 5-yards while eating. Not wanting to drive this beautiful bird off its kill, I turned away and walked back to the car. As I drove by where I had been, the hawk was still eating. There was another hawk in the area calling out but this hawk payed no mind to the other's pleas.

No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...