Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fast Forward from Saturday's Parade

This is what scouts look for in a DO-DA Parade, but St. Patrick's on Greenville is just as much fun!
A participant in the Character Unit with Batman and Superman
Now this really is : For the Love of the Lake!
On this last day of winter, preparing for the little cold snap due this weekend has taken up a little bit of edit time. Prior to today, I had been a bit concerned about my red bud tree that I have pampered from seed. It currently stands about two and a half feet  with one bifurcation about half a foot in length. All the red buds are out and in full bloom. Then, as if by some magic, there are several new shoots of green on the trunk, tip and the bifurcation branch. In line with the showing of the green, my red bud tree has come through right in the nick of time. Hopefully, next year, I should have red bud blooms. The parent plant budded in the third year. Now, I just have to protect it from the possible freeze. The heat island effect should keep temperatures here in the city warm enough. But, you never know what the weather will do and it will be insulated just in case.

Now, I can get back to editing the last group of pictures from Saturday's parade.
 

No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...