Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Three Year Old Question Answered

Yesterday, following a checkup with my cardiologist, I drove out Forest Lane toward the Tollway. There is a MC Castle being built that I have watched take shape for a while now. What amazes me the most about all that is the fact that in Dallas, beautiful seasoned ranch homes are being bought up, and bulldozed down. What  I call MC Mansions and MC Castles are are being built on already wide lots by Dallas standards. Reclaiming of well established neighborhoods in one of the most desirable areas of Dallas is part of the driving force. The other: the Dallas economy, not to be confused with the National economy. There is a difference! That's why I could  understand why K. Kardashian never liked Dallas. In her circles, she was the underdog here.

After viewing the progress on the MC Castle and in the process discovering at least two more within a couple of miles of MC Castle that were in construction, the thought occurred to me that I have been puzzled for three years about the four tall spirals I have been observing in an area well familiar to me. Now would be the time to check it out. Much to my amazement, I found an architectural wonder: Dallas Temple Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So, I pulled into the gated driveway and stopped at the security office. The gentleman was very cordial and listened as I explained that I had observed the spirals for three years and had to admit that I didn't know what it was. He explained to me about the facility, since it was not one of their worship centers. He said that I could take pictures of the outside only and that I was welcome to drive around to the front and the far side and see the layout before I shot any images. I did as he instructed and came back to the gate,parked and got out to shoot from the lawn and walkways. The stonework and design interest me about the architectural element of a building. This gave shadows,tone changes and was well blended into the overall design. The setting was peaceful and sacred  One could feel the peace and sacredness. There aren't to many places today where that feeling in a perimeter area permeates the air penetrating everything like a beam of radar. But, I could feel it there.

As I left the compound, I was satisfied that I had finally answered  an outstanding question of the past three years. The area is within a couple of miles of  the Bush's; the Ross Perot's, the Jerry Jone's, Mark Cuban's, Tom Hick's, T. Boone Pickins.........well, now you know why everyone wants to destroy a sprawling ranch home and build a MC Mansion or a MC Castle,but that's just Dallas.
Atop the South Spiral

The Eastern Front Half
The South Eastern  Portals near side and the South West Portals on the far side

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...