Saturday, May 19, 2012

Come Fly With Me,Come Walk With Me

The old song,"Come Fly With Me" got into my head yesterday and I couldn't get it out. It started with a statement that I heard on one of the talk shows by one of their guest. The guest said,
" Rejection is God's way of protection." First, I thought about that all day. Personally, I think that the statement is more true than not. The title to the old song was always one of my favorite answers when someone ask how work had been. It meant that I had just come back from a trip or was about to embark on another one. In those days, I wracked up a lot of air miles and rewards programs were not even a thought by some smart marketing director. Oh, to have those miles today!

A Southwest flight arriving at Love Field

A young couple out for a walk  near Love Field
Second, I want to fly again, but ,I just don't have the same since of urgency any more. While I do hold  an interest in air travel, I like the trains today. Photographing planes are fun to this day and trains are just as much fun ,too.   Today, with technology being what it is, you don't have to do much at all to say, come fly with me. So I choose not to fly (as much) rather than feeling rejected because I don't (as much).  It's still a thought to ponder the statement: "Rejection is God's way of protection". For me, I just say, "Step back and let the Lord step in."

Third, Now, come fly with me!

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...