Thursday, February 1, 2024

January got off to a 66,087 Step Month; 28.16 miles; 2,414 calorie burn.

It also was a productive month shooting, as well. While the year started off with some nice published images, there is a new twist to my shooting and subject mater. AI, has not been a help in some endeavors, it did slow down the process a lot. I have never minded doing work once, but I sure as the devil hate having to do it twice, especially at someone's lack of detail. I learned fresh out of college that paying attention to detail was more expected than most other "laws" of the job. Having had that pointed out to me from a very young age, I had  mastered that right though college and into my first job.

My boss called me into his office about the second or third day after starting. I didn't know what to expect but I was more curious than afraid. "Sit down", he said. He went on to tell me that he did this with all new employees and it was going to be a  rather short meeting.  "Working for me", he said, " means doing these six things: detail,detail detail."  He paused, looked directly at me. Still not saying anything, I said," that  was only three"  Finally, he cracked a half-smile and said,  most would have assumed  that the other three were the same." " Are they," I replied. " They are", he replied. Had they left my office assuming that the other three were the same as the first, I would have given them their pay check and said that they are not working out. But, you, on the other hand, you obviously pay attention to detail and quickly noticed that I had only said three times, detail,detail,detail. You even ask the question, "are they". So, one simple short meeting  already pointed out to me that you are a detail man and that will make you a successful   employee for our firm. 

 The weather has been in the low to  high 70's since Sunday. One more day tomorrow before the Pacific storms of Atmosphere Rivers arrives not once, but twice in the upcoming week. I will  be able to get some image work done in this forecast down time of rain.With my major Doctor's Appointments already made until this time next year, I'm good to go on that front.

So, with Spring coming, I have already been checking the hot spots where Spring happens  here by the first day of March with new shoots etc.  The rain and warm temps after that period of really hard freezes, things should be right on schedule. I am anxious to see what mother nature holds for this spring. 

Here are a few of the places where shooting took place this past string of days since last Sunday.














No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...