Sunday, September 10, 2023

My first day out since August 16th.

 It was 83°F when I left the house today. The comfort index (when you add the Humidity % and the Dew Point °F together and it is less than 120 you don't sweat by just standing still) It also closely rivals the phantom temp thereafter named Heat Index. Yes, sports fans, your photographer must also be a weatherman, a biologist, zoologist, Arborist, among other things: navigator, explorer.   

 I got to my bus stop and sat down on my little folding stool when I saw my bus rounding the corner. My ticket purchase completed just as the driver opened the door.  It then became a health walk more than capturing images. At one point, while resting in a shady area re-hydrating, I could hear the chatter of parrots. There are several large colonies in the Dallas Area. Looking up, I see  one of the largest of a species on Monk Parrots on  a wire above  the Dart train tracks. Then the parrot flew into the tree above me. The chatter was becoming louder. Suddenly, the birds flew off as I tried to get a count before I lost sign of them. This colony  was about 10 birds and obviously,  a new colony was developing.

 Walking over the top of a large garage that I had watched being constructed some 12-13 years ago. In  fact, I had taken a picture of a sun set striking the iron work as the buildings grew to their 16 floors topping out. I had just come out of the old Sam's Club Park Lane Store walking to my car with my cart, unlocked the door and  grabbed my camera making the shot before it setting sun faded. 

It was abstracted and  I look at it at this writing remembering that day. In fact. I recall  about 90 % of the  day when I shot an image when I look at it. Later, I came across two young men talking a picture of the very building that I had seen in raw steel as it rose to it height. Their image had captured the sun light angle almost identical with my original image. Maybe, if I run into them again, I can tell them  how great there image really was. Things have a much wider perception with other eyes.  I  will look for that image and hopefully be able to post it later on. (Thanks Microsoft).

                             

                                                            New glass in downtown Dallas.
                                                                           

No comments:

The Porch Thermometer Hits 100°F Yesterday for the first time this season.

In some mitigation of that headline is that for about 30 minutes the angle of the sun hits the porch at the hottest point of the day. Still,...