Sunday, July 30, 2023

107°F the next three days in a row.

 What is so unusual in the header is that the number of days that are in that level of reading is on the increase this summer over past summer. While we have had several years of 40-47 days above 100, they have not been strung out in a line day after day after day. Right now (and there are some differences between what TV station you watch) the last verified number of days from the National Weather Service is sitting at 20---21 as of toady. Hey, I do what the Australians do...draw the blinds and curtains during the day and don't venture out until after the sun goes down. The problem with that is this: I do not like mosquitoes and I don't like to use insect repellent so I check the comfort index....combine the Relative Humidity with the dew point and anytime the combined number is below 120, I'm going out even if for two hours when it's cooler, a breeze is blowing and I am walking on the shady side of the street. 

A couple of decades ago I was sitting on my mom's porch drinking a cup of coffee.My phone rang. It was my youngest brother. "What you doing", he said. I said to him just as the captioned line above states. He laughed. "I'll call you back at 10" he said. "you won't be out there drinking coffee then."  I chuckled and we hung up. Low and behold. I started feeling humidity and being uncomfortable as I was sweating just sitting still. I looked at my watch. "10 "  

So, we will make it through the rest of the summer. September isn't that far away and the long-rang fore case that is out for the fall and winter have us under sinking cold fronts fall through winter with the heavy snow across the US pretty much along the Mason-Dixon Line. I have been shut off from using my new camera pretty much because of the heat. This fall looks like it will get a really good test the way I had intended for it this summer. 

    Ready for Labor Day Parades

NFL Game Ball after a game
Memorial Finally Allowed
                        Winfrey Point Getting a Total Upgrade. Held Rommel's POWs Theater in  North Africa
                Caught off Guard Up A Tree without a Paddle. The back side of the picture above is the top of this tree.
        His girlfriend was laughing that he was in one of the biggest old growth trees at White Rock Lake thinking no one would see him. Photographers don't miss much. They have an eye for unusual out of place things.


No comments:

The Porch Thermometer Hits 100°F Yesterday for the first time this season.

In some mitigation of that headline is that for about 30 minutes the angle of the sun hits the porch at the hottest point of the day. Still,...