Friday, December 10, 2021

The Weather is doing Pushups Again. BTY, Palms are NOT a Texas Christmas Tree

 The last two days the high temperatures here in North Texas broke records for each day. The Thursday high broke a past 79°F high that was broken from last year. This year for today, we hit 84° F. Another new high. Cold front comes through tonight with jackets tomorrow. 


 Spending the day inside was not in my plans, but my list of things that had to get done took up most of my day. For a bit, I was able to get out to get the mail and walk a couple of blocks. Then, I got a text from the USPS that I had a package to be delivered. Since I had just checked my mail with nothing looking like a package, it was back inside to restart the computer, check the email again where the time of delivery had been changed to later in the day. Long story shorter. The package came just before the extended time of delivery and pretty much shut down any trips of short durations. The longer trips take a much earlier start. 

 The good part is that the mid 70's return mid week.So, there are still plans to get some good late fall shots before winter really sets its anchor as being here. In the meanwhile, I'll keep looking for some good shots. Plans were to try to upgrade two of my lenses. But prices are so high right now, even the Scotch blood in me won't pay those prices. If the economy takes a turn back to more normal economic levels and the supply chain (which won't ever return to normal) does fall back closer to where it was before, I'll start looking at lenses again. Until then, it's make do with what I have.

 

 



                                           In some places, this is considered  a Christmas Tree.

                     

No comments:

Cannot do any hurkle-durkling or any WCS. I already burned that candle on Wednesday

 What the heck is he talking about? You don't want the long answer because that goes back 200 years where it began as a Scots term. The ...