Monday, October 21, 2019

Last Night's EF3 Tornado Came Within 150 Yards of My Front Door.


It's been a long time since I have seen the green skies of childhood tornadoes. When I looked out the front door and saw that green light that resembles Northern Lights, I knew the storm was way to close and made ready my safe room. My brother sent a text. It was more to see if I was okay, I suppose. We grew up in a weather watchful household and spent a lot of nights in our grandfathers large storm cellar. Never-the-less, When I saw the front door bowed out and then saw the column of swirling clouds and rain, I made way to the safe area. The sound of thunder was louder and more attention getting than normal, the rush of air around the door was a whistle-like sound that one never forgets if you have ridden out past tornadoes like I have. It's been 30 years remember riding out Hurricane David and those sounds are etched into my memory,too.

This was way to close in my neighborhood.Two days ago I had gone back into the old neighborhood to see changes and here, two days later, I'm going back to see tons of more trees destroyed after the Father's Day storm at White Rock. But these are new homes that have been built in the past few years and I pass to every day on trips to the drug store and grocery. I was stunned when I saw this first hand.

Damage was much worse
Cars had windows just completely sucked out from the pressure of the storm.

No comments:

April Steps Fell, Weather brought shut-in days. Happy May Day, Too!

Springtime in Texas is mixing up the cold air with the warm moist Gulf air inflow, but it was still, a pretty good month weather, health and...