Wednesday, July 31, 2019

1980 Vs. 2019. I'll Take 2019 Thumbs Down

In 1980, July recorded 100 degrees F. every single day of the month. This July, We went 29 days without a single 100 degree day. Yesterday, it finally hit 100 degrees. Today, being the last day of the month the official temperature at DFW was 97 degrees F. 

While it has been plenty hot with thick humidity, we did get a cold front that gave several days  of low dew points, low humidity and temps only reaching 89 to 90 degrees. It almost felt like fall. That got me thinking and that is always a fun trip. So, I started early looking for signs of fall. They were everywhere! I can't remember seeing so many annual signs showing up so early and in such numbers.

Then, at the end of search, I found a pod cast that keeps watch on the El Nino and La Nina. El Nino is back but in a weaker state. But, I'm still remembering the massive snow falls in the Sierra Nevada and the 8-inch rain falls in California, too. I'm thinking that we must might get a big snowfall this winter and that is why the early signs of fall are showing up. I'd like that, in fact.


No comments:

Construction Zone

 Saw the National Weather Service Summer Forecast yesterday. It ain't pretty. More Hot than the two record years of the past. That set t...