Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas at the National Cemetery

Thursday, my car headed in the direction of the National Cemetery, between I-20 and I-30. Actually, I visit the cemetery every December. It is a somber and sobering experience. Somehow, the annual laying of the wreaths on each grave is planned for this Saturday, December 12th. I missed it by two days. Some families go ahead and put the wreaths down themselves. There were a few graves that had the wreaths already. I was struck at how brown the grass was all over. It's just gone dormant and has not actually died. The green wreaths stand out against the gray stones and the brown grass.

After leaving the cemetery, it was on to Founder's Plaza at DFW International Airport. Shooting the Fresnel Lens on the official FAA beacon  that every airport is required to have operating  between civil dusk and civil dawn. Of course, it can only be shot during those times when it is operational.  There were some technical issues with the camera again. It's always low light shutter speeds that give the most problem, even though the settings are made according to the manual. Something else to work on during the upcoming winter waiting for the first snow storm or ice storm!

The National Cemetery for Dallas Ft. Worth

It's an annual trip for me. I only lost one friend in Viet Nam. My Dad is buried in a National Cemetery in Little Rock.

The Fresnel Lens on the official FAA Beacon at DFW International. This is it!

No comments:

If Something Moves You, Photograph it!

 This could well be a father's statement to his daughter who just sent me an image that she took. Having said that, I hope she's che...