Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Things I Find on the Way To The Doctors.

To make a long story shorter, I had a Doctor's appointment that I had on the brain was 9:20. Turns out that is the appointment in February. The one today was 2:20, not 9:20 so I'm ready a bit early. After checking the e-mail and checking on the web page and the blog, I got my shoot list out to see if there was some place on the list that I could shoot and end up at the Doctor's about the right time. As luck would have it since Mr. Murphy had already dealt me one of his laws ----I headed out.

Dallas has a couple reality TV shows being filmed here. One is the popular A&E," Storage Wars Texas". The other, Discovery Channels, "Fast 'N Loud".The storage war series from a photo shoot point of view is not the storage lockers as much as the places in the Design District where they get their items appraised and in  one case,  Dr, Mo's retail shop. And, of course, as far as Richard and Aaron are more popular it is the garage rather than the auction barns. The luck of the draw today made more sense to head out to the garage of Fast "N Loud, aka Gas Monkey Garage.

As luck would have it again.......today......there was a sign on the door that read, "Closed Set  Do Not Enter." The doors were half down and you could see legs from the knees down. The most interesting was the fact that the traffic was unbelievable. People were everywhere taking pictures. So it really wasn't that bad of a day from capturing a moment in history. There was a sign that I debated whether to shoot in whole or in part but decided to go ahead and shoot the full sign since the address was already published on their website  Gas Monkey Garage. Normally, even in an editorial situation I try to be fair and show respect.

Since the show is a super good show and the Discovery Channel has done such a great job with the season...tune in and check out the show.

Note the sign on the door!

The Swag Van is Stoker
 

No comments:

Construction Zone

 Saw the National Weather Service Summer Forecast yesterday. It ain't pretty. More Hot than the two record years of the past. That set t...