Monday, September 10, 2012

A Vintage Funeral Carriage

In the age of technology where some of you are reading this on your i-phones,others on their i-pads,and who knows what else, you get what I'm saying about technology. While I do embrace technology with mostly open arms, I think that some things done with vintage equipment adds a whole different class of something having class, displaying dignity, paying honor and tribute that technology can't offer.

On the way to my doctor for an appointment, I came across this vintage funeral carriage and two beautiful black animals that would be fitted to the carriage as the time drew more near for a military funeral ride.The horses are a breed like Clydesdales but are not Clydesdales.They are French bread Percherons. Amazing animals. These have the same shag on their mane, feet and tail and come black or white in the breed. It would have been nice not to have the doctor's appointment so that I could have watched the funeral corteges on a beautiful late summer's day. By the time I returned, the funeral was over and the military men were walking back to their cars, Military funerals,while sad, are still one of the most honored tradition this country affords a family for the loss of a son or daughter,father or mother, sister or brother. Their price paid for our freedom is honor and service at the highest level. Thank you and Rest in Peace.

Vintage Carriage

Funeral Carriage awaits its Drafts
My special thanks to George at Vintage Carriage for allowing me to shoot these images. He also has carriage for hayrides and beautiful white carriages with the white horses for holiday light tours in Highland Park and Uptown.

No comments:

Wildlife Images are interesting in urban nature settings.

                                           I still have to pinch myself that I caught this capture a few years back, like pre-Covid days. I ...